Get announcements when each podcast recording is available complete this form:
We value your privacy and would never spam you
UPCOMING & MOST RECENT EPISODES
Episode 6: April 17, 2017
Our first interview with the partner of a true Championship Small Business. The interview is with Ryan Parsons of The Brothers That Just Do Gutters. The company was started 18-years ago by Ryan's brother, and after years of struggling to figure out their business and making it through the 2008-09 recession, have come out on the other side and have started franchising. They've developed championship caliber success by creating a culture of expectation to accountability, professional and personal development, and transparency throughout their company, and its franchisees.
Click the logo to learn more about The Brothers That Just Do Gutters!
In 50-minutes you will learn:
- How Ryan and his brother Ken survived through the 2008-09 recession to come out strong the other side.
- How a business coach helped them become successful after years of spinning their wheels.
- How transparency with sharing the company financials has made them more profitable and created a winning culture.
- Why systems are vital business success.
Episode 5: April 3, 2017
Skip honors Major League Baseball's Opening Day with a special podcast on The 3 Championship Strategies of the Small Business Championship Game Plan. Skip discusses the Chicago Cubs' first World Series Championship in 108 years.
In 38-minutes you will learn:
- How the Chicago Cubs' were transformed to a World Series Champion in just five years.
- How the sports teams application of the 3 Strategies of Championship Organizations relates to small business success.
- Why it is easier for small businesses to create championship performance than a sports team.
Episode 4: March 28, 2017 Skip's first content podcast discusses the Entitlement Mentality in today's small business workplace, and what to do about it and how to turn it around to create a championship culture and performance.
In 30-minutes you will learn:
- The 5 types of YCC podcasts you can expect.
- 3 causes of an "entitlement mentality" in every small business workplace.
- The types of "entitlement mentalities" each workplace generation offers.
- The 3 problems with how small business owners engage the different generations in their workplaces.
- The 2 conversations small business owners need to engage in to maximize performance from a multi-generation workforce.
Episode 3: March 14, 2017 How Small Business Owners can...Create A "championship work environment," Interview with Ron Friedman, best-selling author of The Best Place to Work: The Art & Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace
Ron Friedman, Ph.D., is an award-winning social psychologist who specializes in human motivation. He has served on the faculty of the University of Rochester, Nazareth College, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges, and has consulted for some of the world’s most successful organizations. Popular accounts of his research have appeared on NPR and in major newspapers, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, as well as magazines such as Men’s Health, Shape, and Allure. He is a frequent contributor to Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, Forbes, and Psychology Today.
Episode 2: February 14, 2017
How Small Business Owners can...Deliver Championship Customer Service Interview with Jason Cass author of Customer Service is Just Foreplay
Jason Cass is probably the most innovative owner of an independent insurance agency in North America. He started his own agency in 2010 and has built it completely on social and digital marketing and branding. He is transforming the independent insurance industry by raising the bar on customer service to mitigate and overcome the commoditization of the property and casualty insurance.
What he's doing for his industry is absolutely transferrable to any other small business and you need to hear what Jason has to say as we will discuss the strategies in his book "Customer Service is Just Foreplay."
- Subscribe to Jason's Grow Program Podcast Here
- See an overview of Jason's book Customer Service Is Just Foreplay here
- Order Jason's Customer Service Is Just Foreplay Book Here
- Email Jason@GrowProgram.com
Episode 1: January 17, 2017
How Small Business Owners Can...OutThink the Competition Interview with Best Selling Author: Kaihan Krippendorff
Dr. Kaihan Krippendorff is a business strategist, keynote speaker, consultant, and best-selling author of four books, most recently Outthink the Competition (John Wiley, 2012). A former consultant with McKinsey & Company, he now writes one of the most popular blogs on FastCompany.com, “Outthinkers”, and is a recognized expert on innovation, business strategy, and creativity, appearing in key business media outlets including Fox Business, National Public Radio, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Radio, and more.