Anyone whom has ever worked on a team or in any organization knows that the attitude of the group takes on the attitude of its leader.
The leader sets the tone, either consciously or by default.
With that being the case its vital the leader consciously decide on the type of culture they want for their organization and develop the leadership style to make it so.
Here are some things a “Champion Leader” should develop as part of his/her mindset that will set a positive tone others will be excited to follow:
- Focus on serving, not being served – this is a very humble way to lead. It shows the leader cares about their people and is willing to invest time, energy and resources to make sure the team has the tools and time to do their job most effectively.
- Develop and communicate a vision for the organization/team’s future that is compelling and inspiring, something team members are going to be excited to follow and work towards.
- Communicate directly with high expectations consistently applied to all team members, but with compassion and empathy.
- Address issues promptly and directly, never procrastinate on key decisions or team member requests, tolerate nothing that does not support the forward movement towards the organization/team’s vision and purpose.
- Always project positive mental attitude and be solution focused by incorporating “The 5 Habits of a C.H.A.M.P.”
The Leader’s Champion Mindset is just one of six steps leaders need to master to create a Champion Organization or Champion Team. If you’d like to learn more about “The 6 Steps to Becoming the L.E.A.D.E.R. of a Champion Organization” and how you can apply them directly into your organization to improve its personnel and profits in 2011, download my complimentary Teleseminar at www.ChampionBusinessLeadership.com