Creating a Business With Speaking
Professional Keynoting, Seminars & Workshops as a Business, Or Speaking for Marketing Your Standard Business
Imagine, you step off the stage after presenting to an audience of 1,500 people. The largest audience you’ve ever spoken to, by far.
Then, the next day, you’re at the airport on an extended layover flying home wondering if you had an impact on anyone beyond that short time you were on stage.
Now, after 25 years as a business professional having given hundreds of presentations in front of audiences no larger than 100 at a local civic organization, I had developed a belief that great speakers are born and not made, and I was certainly one of those not blessed with the “great, inspiring speaker gene.”
Then, sitting in Terminal C at the Detroit Airport checking my email less than 12 hours from stepping off the stage, there is a Google Alert with my name attached to a news item.
The link led to an article by a blogger who happened to be in the audience.
Below is what I paraphrased from what the article for a testimonial he offered after we spoke about his experience:
Hmm, maybe I did have that “great, inspiring speaker gene” in me, after all?
You see genes are like seeds, they need to be watered and cared for, my “great, inspiring speaker gene just needed to be nurtured.
But, it took inspiration from outside myself to help me fulfill my aspirations as a professional speaker.
Because over those first 17 years, because of the old belief I had developed, every time I spoke it was like Ground Hog Day.
You know, the same experience over and over again?
Then, I found myself in an audience with 2,000 other people watching and listening to someone whom I believed to be the greatest speaker I had ever experienced.
He was a telling a story about how he got started and how he wasn’t a natural speaker at all but he learned how to become a dynamic presenter. It inspired me to learn the craft of public presentations that could impact an audience.
That was 1998.
The speech Mark Curtis experienced was 2009.
It took 11 years, but I got there.
And, you can too, and much quicker than 11 years.
Everything I learned after 15-years, four different speaking coaches, and at least $100,000 is going to allow you to get there quicker, much less expensive and much more confidently.
That’s because in 2014, after experiencing one of my signature keynotes, I was invited to join an elite group of World Class Speaking Coaches.
Just a few tweaks applying the speech creating system used by these international professional speaking experts took my excellent presentation to outstanding, and has garnered me more than $30,000 in speaking fees in less than 12-months while giving me even greater confidence from the stage.
Craig Valentine, the 1999 World Champion of Public Speaking, started the Certified World Class Speaking Coach program and I’m honored to be among less than 100 worldwide coaches teaching this proven system for creating a dynamic speaking program to enhance any business model.
Therefore, there are three reasons why you are here:
- To get on stages as a professional speaker as your business,
- To market an existing traditional business to engage prospective clients on a much deeper level than ever and close more deals, quicker and for higher fees, or
- A combination of the above, then
Championship Speaking Business Coaching is for you.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: We begin with an in-depth strategy discussion focusing on where you’re at presently and where you want to go. Decide on a realistic time frame for achieving those results and jointly decide if it makes sense to work together. To schedule a complimentary Championship Speaking Business Strategy Session use this link.
Step 2: Agree jointly that you could benefit significantly from joining the Championship Speaking Business Coaching and sign up.
Step 3: Begin working the Championship Speaking Business Coaching program, which includes:
- Creating your Championship Speaking Business Brand
- Creating your signature talk topics
- Getting noticed and on the right stages strategies and implementation
- Crafting your primary signature talk topic that includes these World Class Speaking Compentencies:
- Storytelling – creating relevant stories that engage, enamor and entertain your audiences
- Selling your points – so they buy-in to your key success strategies
- Process-Driven Teaching – focusing on your success process and not on you
- Next Steps – building your speech around the next step call to action
- Anchor-Driven – Tighten your presentation so it connects to anchors that make the presentation memorable for the audience.
- Big Bang Openings & Compelling Closings – People remember most what they hear first and what they hear last so it’s vital we get these two right.
- Succinct Content – Peeling back your content to its most vital parts so that audiences can absorb it instead of being in information overload.
- “You-Focused” Language – Crafting language so it invites the audience into your stories and points instead of forcing them to be outside observers.
- Dynamic Delivery Devices – How to continually shift your delivery to keep the audience energized and engaged throughout.
- Audience Involvement Techniques – Specific strategies to involve the audience in your presentation from the very beginning through to the close so they are not passive bystanders.
- Staging – understanding how best to use the stage to reinforce the best learning environment, for conscious and sub-conscious congruency.
- Research/Assessment Driven – Learning about your audience in advance to connect with them
- The 9 Steps to Create a Championship Speech/Presentation
Satisfied Meeting Planners Speak
Bob Smering – PMI Buffalo
(Director of Professional Development)
Deb Milone – Hudson Valley
Gateway Chamber (President)
Skip’s NEW Engaging, Dynamic, and Powerful Topics
- 4 Steps to Championship Results In Business & Life: Grand Slam Lessons from a 20-Year Professional Baseball Career (available for conference or company event keynote only)
- How to Consistently Influence & Impact Your Most Important Stakeholder to Drive Greater Results (available for conference keynote or deep-dive program only)
- The 3 Levels of High Performance Leadership Communication (available in all formats)
- The 7 Deadliest Sins of Leadership & Workplace Communication (available in all formats)
- The 4 Workplace Conversations, And Why 75% Are the Wrong Conversation (available in all formats)
- The 3 Strategies of Champion Organizations & Teams (available in all formats)
- How to Communicate to Influence Up, Down & All Around (Full-Day Training ONLY – created originally for the Project Management Institute)
Quick Links For Event Hosts And Meeting Planners
- To see videos of Skip Weisman’s keynotes and presentations, click here.
- Meeting planners, click here for Skip’s speaker resources.
- To book Skip Weisman to speak at your next event, click here or call (845) 463-3838.
Satisfied Meeting Planners Speak
“We were thrilled with your presentation, as were our members. I have heard tremendous positive feedback!”
Dr. Marsha Gordon
President/CEO – Business Council of Westchester, NY
Satisfied Meeting Planners Speak
“Arnoff Moving had the pleasure of having Skip Weisman deliver the keynote address at our annual company breakfast, kicking off the busy summer season. Skip set the tone perfectly for our company to move forward and have a successful season. Great job Skip, thanks!”
Vice-President of Sales, Arnoff Moving & Storage
(North American Van Lines)